Thursday, June 16, 2011

J-Bros--J-town style, yo.

So, Jobus (aka Joey my bro) and I were rocking out to this sweet drummer, Cobus.  He was playing a drum cover of the Jonas Brothers song "Burnin' Up." This song has VERY profound lyrics. For all you skeptics, I kid you not. Here is a sampling:

I'm slipping into the lava [Sounds like a very bad situation to be in]
and I'm trying to keep from going under [That would be a wise move]
Baby who turned the temperature hotter? [a very good question at this point in the singer's existence]
Cuz I'm burnin' up, burnin' up for you baby.

Now in our household, you wouldn't be a good Johnson if you didn't change the words to this song. Just to shake things up a bit I decided to change the word "lava" to "larvae." And Joey responded "And I'm trying to keep from being a pupae." Simple, yet profound. There you have it. I think that's enough profundity for one night.

p.s. Thinking back to my last post about teabags and their wisdom, my latest saying connects with this topic: Anything to stupid to be said is sung--Voltaire. I have a hunch Voltaire did a lot of singing in his life time. But that's another topic for a different blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment